New Era Global Foundation (NEG) is a nonprofit organization that started its mission in Hawthorne, CA. The mission of NEG is giving the gift of art to underprivileged and at risk youth. NEG’s Artist Development Program is an 8 week course that teaches artistic independence. When artists complete this program they will have created a 5 song Extended Play (EP); received free distribution, production, and engineering; learned about the principles of marketing and how to become an entrepreneur; graphically designed their own album covers; performed at different events; create music videos; and developed a technological presence via the internet. NEG needs more funding for program operations and equipment to complete its goals of providing youth with the opportunity to create music, art, and learning video production for free. This funding will allow NEG to operate more efficiently.
2. Specific Aims
1. Continue providing support to underprivileged youth in the communities that have lost access to music and art programs due to budget cuts in schools.
2. Continue providing at risk youth with a safe haven and an outlet; preventing youth from joining gangs, drug usage, teenage pregnancy, and violence.
3. Needs Assessment
Poor, inner-city communities are especially in need of after-school programs because urban youth often lack the safe parks, sports teams, clubs, and other enriching opportunities that are typically offered in middle-income and affluent communities. After school programs provide the following benefits:
• educational performance and achievement in the areas of increased student attendance
• increased time spent on academic activities, and improved academic performance
• health and public safety in the areas of reduced drug, alcohol, and cigarette use
• reduced underage sex and teenage pregnancy, and reduced juvenile crime.
• other areas include financial well-being and the economy helping to reduce costs, returns on investments
• building stronger individuals, families, and communities with improved social skills, increased self-confidence and self-esteem
• stronger relationships with peers, and connecting youth with mentors.
Artist Development Program
The main program that NEG is focusing on is the Artist Development Program (ADP) in the music field. This program is targeted towards artists in all genres of music. After this program is fully operational, NEG will have a program for film makers and for painters and drawers. Before an artist enters the ADP he or she will be evaluated on personal development. The ADP is an 8-week course that teaches artistic independence. The first week is a preproduction course, followed by a production course where artists will be in the studio creating music. During post production artists will get their cd artwork done; host listening sessions; set up social media, pictures, and video content. Then artists will learn about marketing and promoting the organization’s projects in the community as a fundraising effort. The final week will be aimed towards digital marketing.
Coming soon to Glendale, Phoenix
6. Collaboration Efforts & Benefits
NEG is looking to build partnerships and bring forth opportunity to Young men/women in the Phoenix and surrounding areas
New Era Global Foundation deeply appreciates the help and support from donors and investors in the community who contribute to the organization. Your investment will ensure that more young men/women stay off the streets and out of trouble. We look forward to a time where more creative arts centers can be developed in communities where at risk youth need our help.